Yay! We made it through the first week of 2017. Yes, I am proud of that accomplishment! How are your resolutions going?
While last week was saturated with so many commercials, articles, blogs, pins and IG posts that prompted me to make new resolutions and add to the list of “To Do’s,” I began to feel overwhelmed once again and not really sure where to start. I mean, of course I want to make more money this year, of course I want to get fit, of course I want to be the healthiest version of me – but how can I do that with so much pressure!???
Let’s be honest, this fresh canvas we have been given should NOT be dictated by the rest of society and their plans to have a new car in their driveway by the end of the year or grow a bigger butt! Take a step back and break it down to your true priorities and self love. If you made goals or resolutions this year, how do they relate to your priorities or your intentions for yourself? If they are the same stale promises you made last year, why not just forget them all together and love on yourself?
I for one, realized, I would rather create healthy and MEANINGFUL habits this year instead of resolutions. If you create good habits, you can start to manifest this in your lifestyle. Aura is all about living life intentionally so I am going to give you some word for thought below to get your mind right after all of the delusional RESOLUTION crap that has been pumped into us this week.
- Give yourself permission to SLOW down. Stop the glorification of busy. Busy is stress. Busy is less time for meaningful relationships. Busy is a materialistic mindset.
- Every day is a FRESH start. Seriously, you do NOT have to wait until January 1st again to start a new habit or begin again! Who came up with that lie? I am coming after you!!!
- Create healthy HABITS not restrictions. This is huge you guys. Take Ivy for instance – she makes the healthiest life choices but she still lets herself enjoy things like pizza, a shake or something for desert. You don’t have to cut off your sweet tooth when there are ways to enjoy and indulge without going overboard or back to preservatives and processed sweets. All in moderation.
- Be GRATEFUL. It doesn’t matter what the rest of the world is doing! God has a purpose solely for you and your life! There is where your focus should lie!
- Practice real LOVE. Will losing 10lbs make you love yourself more? Will it make your spouse love you more? No. Practice love as a verb and it will come back to you.
- Don’t compromise yourself. You are worthy. You are loved. You are capable. You are entirely up to YOU.
- Get back to CORE VALUES. Opinions we form and decisions we make are due to our values. Don’t betray your beliefs just because someone else thinks they are wrong or because you can get ahead quicker in your career. Growth is an essential part of life but the process is only as meaningful as the foundation its built on. Faith, family, friends…who dictates your values?
Love & blessings to you.