The magic melon.
1. A spoon full of seeds have as many antioxidants as a whole cup of melon.
2. They are about 92% water.
3. Watermelon is extremely high in lycopene. Lycopene is an antioxidant known to reduce the risk of cancer. It is also has carotenoid, which is responsible for giving fruits their red or pink color.
4. They contains citrulline(an amino acid) known to boost the enzyme responsible for dilating blood vessels in the male region.
5. Five servings of red watermelon a day improved erection hardness in men with mild erectile dysfunction. No need for prescription, mother nature had it figured out.
6. Yellow watermelon is four times as high in the amino acid, citrulline. This calls for just about one sixteenth of an average size watermelon, or one watermelon wedge to see results.
7. The juice may reduce muscle soreness. The same compound citrulline has been shown to reduce muscle soreness. One study found that men whole drank one serving of unpasteurized juice one hour prior to a workout were less sore, 24 hours later than those to drank the placebo.
8. It contains Choline, which is known to reduce chronic inflammation. This is especially important for those suffering from auto-immune diseases.
Egyptians placed watermelon in burial tombs of kings to nourish them in the afterlife.
9. is the most consumed melon in the united states.
10. It is related to cucumbers and squash.
11. It contains 1.5 times MORE lycopene than a medium red tomato.
Post by :thewholeblog