10 Habits to try now to discover a new you.
- Wake up earlier. Early bird gets the worm and good skin, better hormone regulation and all around a longer more productive day. No matter where you start, try earlier and attempt to enjoy the first cup of joe instead of rushing around.
- Drink more water. No matter what type of life you lead, you can’t go wrong with this ‘to-do’. We can all drink more water, drink less wine, and diet cokes. Your skin will thank you and so will the rest of your body.
- Have more sex. Yes, its true. Aura Avenue’s orders. We don’t think your partner will dispute this one either, as long as it is with them of course. Sex is a natural way to connect and in todays society our stress levels often leave us anxious and doing anything but “relaxing”. Your ‘problems’ will still be there after you hit the hay and you will probably be more “relaxed” the handle the situation.
- Put down your devices. Our devices are meant to keep us engaged. They are designed, along with the ads to create certain behaviors. Put down your phone and make a conscious effort to take in the details around you.
- Say sorry more often. Be the one to say sorry first. Holding a grudge has never done any good for anyone. Say sorry for your responsibility in the situation sooner. You will feel better and your relationships will thrive.
- Embrace the artist in you. Take a painting class, take a dance class, join a band, or start piano lessons. Our brains are MEANT to continuously learn. Taking up something new will force your inner artist to come alive.
Branch out on your style. Leave the grey T-shirts where they are and branch out. Express yourself the way you’ve always wanted to and let go. Walk that runway (or hallway at work) like you are the inner designing diva you’ve always wanted to be. Who cares what anyone else things, they don’t have to wear it, you do.
- Try a new fitness class. The body is challenged when we try new things. Try something you’ve never done. Pilates, Barre, Yoga, Boxing you name it. Find something that fits your schedule and challenge yourself.
- Hang out with a different group of friends. We stay where we are comfortable because we are comfortable there. Try to hang with a different group of friends at least once or twice a month. It is great for social development as well as mental stimulation.
- Read a book. Pick up a book, start reading a book and finish it. With technology these days, no one reads. So many say they ” don’t have time” but will have spent 4 hours on pinterest. Do something that will feed your mind and then go back to Pinterest. SHOT BY Nicole Balsamo Styled By Aura Avenue
Location Anaheim California